Lately, organizations are experiencing the urgency to containerize their age-old legacy applications in order to offer the best experience to their existing and new customers. Despite the great pressure on IT systems and organizations, modernizing mission-critical applications to ensure business continuity and stability is more of a necessity. Plus, the business benefits derived by modernizing apps to the cloud keep multiplying once you take the containerization path instead of a simple lift and shift.
Application Modernization – The Global Market
Application modernization is the process of taking current legacy applications and modernizing their existing platform infrastructure, internal architecture, and features by deploying them in containers. The global market enabling enterprises to modernize their legacy apps and create new, scalable cloud-native apps is rapidly booming. According to 451 Research, the application container market will grow to $3 billion by 2022, and that’s a lot. In addition, according to Gartner Distinguished VP Analyst Arun Chandrasekaran, “by 2022, more than 75% of global organizations will be running containerized applications in production, which is a significant increase from fewer than 30% today.”
As we see, there is a huge demand for containerization for application across a widespread of industries. Many organizations have started developing cloud-native applications which are based on containers or are in the process of decomposing their existing monolithic applications into containers through a lean modernization approach. And the benefits associated with lean modernization are multifold in the long run further enabling enough room for innovation.
Containers with Benefits
Let us go through the benefits associated with application modernization and understand how your enterprise can reduce monthly OpEx and focus more on the expansion aspect.
- OS Independent: Containers do not need OS to run, they are independent and only their engine is deployed on a host OS.
- Support faster deployment: Modernization enables faster deployment with quick hydration of new containers and termination of obsolete containers within the same environments.
- Super Light: Containers are lightweight and consume minimum resources. Also, they are without an OS!
- Low Infra OpEx: Containers run on a single VM thereby reducing considerable cost of infra operations.
- Scalable: Containers are highly scalable and can spin up in no time to bear the load.
- Easy deploy: Containers work seamlessly in an on-premise setup, or in cloud, or on both as a hybrid.
- Highly portable: Containers can be moved between clouds and on-premises locations swiftly.
- Super Sonic Computing: Start and stop within seconds, containers outrun VMs effortlessly.
At CloudHedge, we believe in modernizing apps the right way instead of using the lift and shift approach that costs more in the long run. For enterprise clients who are planning to modernize their mission-critical legacy apps, CloudHedge accelerates containerization through automation and ensures higher returns on your investment. Moreover, the predictability aspect is not missed since you are in total control of your modernization journey right from day one. Contact us at email@example.com with your requirements and we would love to help you in taking the right steps towards app modernization.